Lebak, Banten (ANTARA) – The Executive Head of the Regional Disaster Management Office (BPBD) of Banten, Kaprawi has stated that so far, there were no reports of infrastructure or house damage due to the earthquake of 5.2 magnitude occurring on Sunday night (July 28).
“We have sent all sub-district volunteers to monitor the situation, especially at the location of the earthquake,” Kaprawi said when he was contacted here on Sunday (July 28).
Data from the Climatology, Geophysical and Meteorology Agency (BMKG) showed that the quake’s epicenter was 59 km southwest of Bayah, Banten, 67 km southeast of Muara Binuangeun-Banten, 75 km southwest of Sukabumi District, West Java, 146 km southwest of Serang-Banten and 164 km southwest of Jakarta.
The 5.2-magnitude earthquake had a depth of 10 km and 7.42 degree South Latitude : 106.03 degree East Longitude with no tsunami potential, the agency noted.
“We have not yet received reports from sub-district volunteers about physical damages of houses or infrastructure,” Kaprawi said.
According to him, Lebak’s BPBD is ready to carry out evacuation and rescue.
BPBD is now monitoring the situation.
“We are preparing logistics and evacuation equipment to anticipate any possibilities of victims due to the earthquake,” he said.
Related news: Six die in South Halmahera earthquake: BNPB