Maumere, E Nusa Tenggara (ANTARA News) – Drew Morey, a member of Malaysias Terengganu Cycling Team, won a initial theatre of Tour de Flores, here, Friday.
The initial stage, covering a stretch of 136.3 kilometers (km), started from Larantuka in East Flores District and finished in Maumere in Sikka District.
Morey finished a competition in 28 mins and dual seconds, defeating Jamal Hibatullah from a KFC Cycling Team of Indonesia, who was left behind by dual seconds.
Genki Yamamoto from a Kinan Cycling Team of Japan finished third in a race.
The cyclists were greeted by Paolus Nong Susar, Sikka district head, and thousands of internal inhabitants while they approached a finish line.
The internal residents enthusiastically lined adult along a track to watch a race.
In a initial stage, a other winners were Wu Chih Hao from a Action Cycling Team of Taiwan in a “king of mountain” category, Hyeongmin Choe of a Geumsan Insam Cello group from South Korea in a “best sprinter” category, and KFC Cycling Team of Indonesia in a group category.
As many as 83 cyclists participated in a initial theatre covering a Larantuka-Maumere route, with several ascending and downhill roads and pointy turns.
In a second stage, to be hold on Saturday, a competition will start from Maumere and finish in Ende, covering a stretch of 142.8 km.
Mentioned herewith are formula of a initial theatre of Tour de Flores 2017 on Friday:
1. Drew Morey – Terengganu Cycling Team 3:28:02
2. Jamal Hibatullah – KFC Cycling Team +00:02
3. Genki Yamamoto – Kinan Cycling Team +00:10
4. Sanghong Park – LX Cycling Team +00:10
5. Hyosuk Gong – Terengganu Cycling Team +00:10
6. Arvin Moazamigodarzi – Pishgaman Cycling +00:10
7. Muhammad Abdurrohman – KFC Cycling Team +00:29
8. Nick Miller – Futuro Pro Cycling Team +00:44
9. Muhammad Imam Arifin – KFC Cycling Team +01:11
10. Amir Kolahdouzhagi – Pishgaman Cycling Team +01:11
Article source: http://www.antaranews.com/en/news/111856/morey-wins-first-stage-of-tour-de-flores